Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A serious day at the Grindhouse

Today I went to Grindhouse festival again. I can not stop praising the hell out of this fest. These past couple of days have been some of the greatest cinematic experiences in my life. I am sure that these days will be hard to top.

I mean, c'mon! A 19 year old film geek seeing all these hidden gems on the big screen...and it's all presented by Tarantino. It doesn't get much better than that.

Today's line was pretty lame. There was no interesting conversations or nothing special. Just people waiting in a line. It was nice to see some of the same faces I have been seeing the past days though.

The theater was once again excellent and the guy who did the introduction to the films was good enough. He turned out to be the owner of the infamous Santa Monica video store Vidiots. Now, I have heard from many people that this store is nothing short of amazing. Everything can be found there. It's a shame that I don't live close to it.

The two films that were shown tonight were Rolling Thunder and The Town that Dreaded Sundown. I don't really know what the theme was for tonight. The audience was pretty tame tonight but that was expected since both of the films are way too serious and share little to no cheesiness. Still though, the audience was fun when the occasion called for it.

So, it was another great night. I would say that the films were too serious for the crowd, but I wont' since both films were a great and fun watch.

I can't wait for Thursday night for a "double kung fu punch" of films.

No comments: