Friday, April 13, 2007

Slithis (1978, Stephen Traxler)

"A nuclear leak creates a mutant Slithis sea monster, which terrorizes the variety of pets, winos, and hippies who hang around Venice, California."

I loved Slithis. I can honestly say that I loved every single minute of it. This one has everything that you would want from a B movie. It has horrible acting, horrible cinematography, horrible special effects, horrible edits and reaction shots, it even has horrible over the top characters. So in other words....this movie is awesome. I even loved how it tried to be an old school horror film while trying to be a modern scare fest. Everything in this film is so ridiculous and over the top that you cant help but be amazed by it. I would buy this on DVD in a second if it was out.

I also want to point out how much I loved one actor in this. I don't know his name or who is character actually was. I think he was a police captain or something but I am still in awe of him. He has to give the most over the top performance I have ever seen. Seriously this is the most over the top acting you will ever see. He is in this one for about 10 minutes but he absolutely kills ever single second and every single minute. His background acting is even over the top. Just sheer power. That's the only way I can review his acting.

I don't know what else to say about this one. All these "grindhouse films" are hard to write about and even harder to rate. There is not much to write about them and that's why I love them so much. I would even go as far to say that you know everything about each of these films after just looking at the poster. I mean, look at this poster. It just screams of coolness and it is.

- Ridiculously Awesome

No comments: