Monday, December 31, 2007

Top 10 of 2007 as of the last day in December

There are a couple of write ups that I have to do but I've decided to put that to the side and do what I consider to be the top 10 of 2007 for now. Later on in January or February I plan on doing a top 20 or maybe 30 of the year with some write ups once I am able to catch up with everything that 2007 has given us.

It has been a top notch year and there are still A LOT left for me to get to but here is the top ten as of December 31st, 2007

1. There Will be Blood
2. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
3. Zodiac
4. No Country for Old Men
5. Once
6. King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
7. Ratatouille
8. Eastern Promises
9. Atonement
10. The Darjeeling Limited

I'm also going to straight out copy my friend Dan and what he did with his predictions and choose who I thought was the best _____ from the films I've seen.

Best Film - There Will be Blood
runner up - Sweeney Todd

Best Director - The Coen Brothers for No Country for Old Men
runner up - Paul Thomas Anderson for There will be Blood

Best Actor - Daniel Day Lewis for There Will be Blood
runner up - Viggo Mortensen for Eastern Promises

Best Actress - Amy Adams for Enchanted
runner up - Helena Bohnam Carter for Sweeney Todd

Best Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem for No Country for Old Men
runner up - Paul Dano for There Will be Blood

Best Supporting Actress - Cate Blanchett for I'm Not There
runner up - Saoirse Ronan for Atonement

Best Screenplay - Joel and Ethan Coen for No Country for Old Men
runner up - Paul Thomas Anderson for There Will be Blood

Most Underrated film of the year - Breach
runner up - Waitress

Most Underrated performance of the year (as in being overlooked left and right. There are a few in my opinion but I will save the rest of them for my bigger write up later on) - Chris Cooper for Breach

Worst Film of the Year - Redacted (I tried to watch it 3 times and couldnt get through it. Beyond awful.)
runner up - 300

No comments: