Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Ratatouille (2007, Brad Bird)

"A young rat living within the walls of a famous Paris bistro wishes to become a chef"

This is the meaning of perfection. Seriously. This film is just perfect in every way and I loved every single second of every single minute. No matter how much I write about it, it will still not do justice to the film.

Ratatouille is by far one of the greatest accomplishments I have ever seen on film. Everything from the writing, the characters, the story, the gags, and even the action scenes are just top notch. Everything in this film should be used as an example in film schools for generations to come. Why do I believe all of this? The film is rated G and its a kid's movie! That simple.

I don't know what else to write. The film is just one of the most original films I have ever seen and I haven't had this much fun while watching a movie in a long time. It reminded me of why I love watching movies and it reminded me of being a kid and just being in awe of the theater screen.

Although it's hard to say which Pixar film has been the best, this one comes close to taking that title. Please, just go and watch the film if you haven't already. It is without a doubt the best film I have seen so far this year.


- ****

No comments: