Sunday, May 13, 2007

Reno 911!: Miami (2007. Ben Garant)

"A rag-tag team of Reno cops are called in to save the day after a terrorist attack disrupts a national police convention in Miami Beach during spring break."

I can't say I am a big fan of the original series that it's based off of but I can say that I am a fan. By this I mean that I don't make plans to watch every episode or try to find out when it;s going to be on TV. Instead, if I bump into it while changing channels I will sit down and watch it until the end. I think it's hilarious at times when the gags work perfectly but I also feel that when the gag falls flat, the gag REALLY falls flat.

I would love to say that the movie is just like an extended version of a perfect episode but it's not. It is more like a pretty good episode with some funny parts here and there. When these funny parts do come, the movie is hilarious. Sadly, they come every so often with long pauses without a single gag delivering.

It's not that big of a problem though. With the movie only running 1 hour and 20 minutes there are enough laughs to not consider it a big waste of time. It's a fun time killer, as it should be, and if you are already a fan of the series you will have enough fun to not hate it. However, you might feel really disappointed that it didn't deliver as great as it should have given the potential it had.

- **